SEO is an inevitable circumstance of the website that allows it to sit in a certain position in the SERPs. There is nothing to do in strengthening the online presence without the help of SEO. Most of the digital marketing agencies compete with each other by relying on specific SEO tools.
Both SEMRush and Ahrefs are most preferable in this context. So, to let you choose the best one from these two options, we have made a detailed comparison of Ahrefs vs SEMRush in this post. Let’s reveal together.
- Ahrefs Vs SEMRush: Overview
- Features Comparison: Ahrefs vs SEMRush
- Ahrefs vs SEMRush: Feature Benefits
- Ahrefs Vs SEMRush: Alternatives
- Pros and Cons of Ahrefs and SEMRush Tools
Ahrefs Vs SEMRush: Overview
When it comes to Search Engine Optimization, Ahrefs is recognized as the leading backlink analysis tool. In the past couple of years, tons of advanced features have been added to this tool. With its numerous outstanding features, it has the potential to be the leading competitor of the SEMRush.
On the other hand, SEMRush is the app that lets you spy on the movement of competitors’ sites along with the fluctuation in their rankings in SERPs. In this way, you don’t have to brainstorm the keywords to seize good position. All you have to do is to pop at the lists of keywords mainly used by the competitors to acquire the ranks.
Features Comparison: Ahrefs vs SEMRush
While comparing the best SEO tools- Ahrefs vs SEMRush, we must start by having a glimpse of the features. Although there are a number of features some of them are stated below for each:
• Country-Specific Keyword Rankings
• Link Opportunity Reports
• Adjustable Reporting Frequency
• Position Tracking
• Competitors’ Paid Keywords
• Competitors’ Organic Traffic
• Outreach Targets
• Organic Research
• Content Optimization
• Ad Builder
• PPC KW tool
• Display Advertising Tool
• Product Listing Ads
• Traffic Analysis
• Market Explorer
• KW Difficulty
• Domain VS Domain
• My Reports
• Keyword Magic tool
• CPC Map
• SEO Writing Assistant
• Position Tracking
• Site Audit
• Social Media Tracker
• Social Media Poster
• Brand Monitoring
• On-Page SEO Checker
• Backlink Audit Tool
• Organic Traffic Insights
• Content Analyzer
• Ad Builder
• SEO Reporting
• Link Monitoring
• Advertising Research
• Audience Insights
• KW research
Ahrefs vs SEMRush: Feature Benefits
You will be surprised to know that both of these SEO tools serve a sole purpose- to rank a website in a good position in SERPs. But they do it in different ways. In this section, we will come to know about some interesting benefits of using this SEO tool. Let’s check what they are:
- Greater brand awareness- With the help of this tool, you can easily increase brand awareness by promoting it on an international platform. In this way more and more people come to know about your business.
- More number as website traffic- Due to such high promoting value, Ahrefs is responsible for acquiring a high number of website traffic and lead generation. It creates a great impact on the ROI of the brand as well.
- Backlink checking solution- As backlinks are significant for a website, quality checking (QC) is even important too. Spammy and low-quality backlinks can affect the brand image and popularity. This space fulfills Ahrefs by allowing you to check its quality before approval to maintain the brand image.
- Determination of result-driven content- A webpage is loaded with content! Ahrefs lets you determine the quality, informative, interesting, and relevant one from those easily. So, you can push them with CTAs, backlinks and anchor text, and so on for the improvement of the website’s rank.
- Accurate position tracking- Ahrefs also helps in monitoring the position of the keywords used by your site. It helps in checking its position in SERPs as well. Moreover, also you can keep observation of the competitors’ ranks as well.
- Paid keywords can be found- Keywords are an inevitable part of websites playing an integral role in SEO. Apart from free keywords, there are many paid ones doing a fantastic job of offering a better position to the site. Ahrefs will assist you to accomplish the hunting task for paid keywords to push them to your site and obtain the desired results.
- Better marketing strategy- This tool lets you know about the most impactful digital marketing trends. You can take any action on your site on the basis of the competitor’s marketing strategy to strengthen your online presence.
- Keyword research- Be it long-tail keywords or widely used keywords, SEMRush can be the perfect tool to look for! Accordingly, you can find the most relevant keywords, keeping an eye on the keywords position, and understand the client’s behavior.
- Ranking track record can be kept- SEMRush always allows you to keep a track record of the keyword and its position for competitors’ sites. This will let you know the sets of keywords that have created the biggest impact by connecting directly with Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Advertising benefit- Although Google AdWords is there to promote your business it is really expensive. On the other hand, with SEMRush you can promote the business by taking ideas from others and can easily opt for affiliate marketing.
- Backlink analysis- Being the most critical concept, it is imperative to analyze before approving any backlinks. SEMRush exactly helps in doing so. Also, you will be able to compare your site to that of the competitors while keeping track of every movement as well.
- Guest blogging- As guest blogging is highly important for earning backlinks for a website, SEMRush helps in performing extensive research on the niche topic to make worthy blogs.
Ahrefs Vs SEMRush: Alternatives
Who doesn’t know SEMRush? Everyone knows it because of its remarkable features that allow the digital marketer to get full control over SEO and online presence in the SERPs. Even the UX of SEMRush is far better than that of Ahrefs.
Also, it’s astonishing features make it the most preferable among SEO analysts such as on-page SEO analysis, SEO site audits, rank tracking, backlink analysis, traffic analysis and so on.
In case you want a better paid SEO tool as the substitution of Ahrefs then, SERanking is the ultimate choice for you! Generally, it is an all-in-one tool that lets you track the keyword position with 100% accuracy.
It can dedicatedly serve to every type of business with varied sizes. Even certain features of this tool like monitoring and checking of backlinks, on-page SEO optimization with a specific keyword and others make a remarkable footprint in this field.
It is the perfect free Ahrefs alternative you can opt for! Although recently it launches its premium plan yet the features you can receive with free version are outstanding. It includes SEO audit reports, backlink analysis and topic and keyword research.
Google’s Search Console
Even Google provides its free SEO tool for the sake of the digital marketing agencies namely Google’s Search Console. In terms of free tools, you are not going to have any better option than this. Whether it is identification of any issues to fix, it can be your perfect companion.
This tool equips with certain advanced features for SEO like notification on any suspicious issues, previewing of the page, analysis of the site and its impression. With its incorporation the top position of SERPs is not difficult to attain at all.
If you want a basic SEO software suite then Mangools is the right option available in the marketplace! Actually it is set of 5 varied tools- KWFinder, SERPChecker, SERPWatcher, LinkMiner and SiteProfiler. So, varied apps do their respective task for making the SEO process smooth and seamless.
This will result in offering the site a good position in SERPs. However, its complete setup and proper usage is really complex due to this unique combination of different apps instead of features. Filters are available and a specific dashboard is there for your sake.
Although it is not as par excellent as SEMRush yet a couple of features make it preferable for the SEO analysts. Due to its latest feature improvement for keyword, it is being named as Keyword Explorer. However, after that it is really doing well as long-tail keyword suggestion.
Also Google is offering free alternative of SEMRush in the form of Google Analytics. Mainly it helps in data analysis so that right decisions can be taken on time regarding the SEO, online presence and position of the site in SERPs.
As the free tool, only you have to provide specific information for checking the performance and position of the products, content and marketing. Even you can access the quality insights captured by Google for better understanding of your data. Accordingly use each of them for receiving positive outcomes.
As a free SEO alternative tool, it guides in improving the onsite SEO. With the help of this tool, regular SEO problems can be identified easily so that data auditing and extracting can be performed smoothly.
The paid version is there for expansion and restriction of the accessed features according to the need of your site. Some of its fantastic features are visualization of site architecture, integration with PSI, GSC, GA, generation of XML sitemaps and lots more.
Pros and Cons of Ahrefs and SEMRush Tools
Similar to every digital marketing tool, both of these also possess some pros and cons which are discussed in this section for your reference:
Pros of Ahrefs
- An extensive SEO web crawler
- A wide array of keyword notifications in email
- Collecting social information from Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Biggest backlink database
- The fresh design promotes a great user experience
- Noble and interesting metrics such as clicks and return rate in SERPs
- Topic research is allowed along with a keyword from the parent topic
- Innovative filtering options
- SERP features for SERP analysis
- Full page report can be obtained
- Fast retrieval and updating of the information
- Inclusion of clickstream data in the keyword section for accuracy
Cons of Ahrefs
- Lack of robustness in Web Traffic Stats
- Lack of outreaching tool
- With $99 plan restricted access and low limits (worthless)
- It has no integration with Search Console or Google Analytics
- Frequent malfunctioning of the Domain Health Tool
- A few sections are unable to offer desirable outcomes
- Irrelevant keyword suggestions lead to no results
Pros of SEMRush
- Detailed report for keyword and paid advertising tool
- Expansion of Social Media Reach
- Backlinks auditing
- Strategic advertising
Cons of SEMRush
- Absence of White Label Reports
- Absolutely technical
From the above discussion, we obtain a clear picture regarding both of these SEO tools. Considering the overall features, merits and demerits and functional abilities SEMRush can be your ideal choice with no doubt.
It will always keep you on track with the necessary updates regarding the movement of your competitors. Accordingly, you can shift anything in SEO to acquire the top position. But in case, you are looking for something else then surely switch to Ahrefs for its innovative features and fresh concepts.