Welcome to our GetResponse Review!
Do you want to automate your marketing effort? With the GetResponse newsletter tool, you can send emails, create landing pages, sales funnels, and webinars- all under one umbrella. With tons of pro features, GetResponse claims to be competitive at its prices.
GetResponse Review: Personalized Tool According to the User
In order to carry out digital marketing, GetResponse comes up with efficient features that not only communicate with your users but also create and send campaigns for better reach. It is different than other marketing delivery systems. Ask how?
Well, it is fundamentally based on sending campaigns by email in order to receive positive responses to attract potential customers. It is a professional platform to edit campaigns directly from your system and modify them before sending them to others.
GetResponse Review: Things you can do
While talking about the GetResponse features, it provides more than other email marketing services. Right from simple A/B testing to custom landing page design, video email marketing, and design testing- all you can do with this tool. You can plan advanced automated campaigns based on the conditions/triggers like sales and location.
With higher-tire plans, you will get access to the webinar feature as well as inbuilt CRM that you can’t find on other email marketing platforms. So, in short, it allows you to-
- Create a mailing list besides capturing the data for it.
- Use autoresponders to automate emails.
- Send emails to the subscribers.
- View and analyze statistics for your email campaigns that give you a detailed view of click-through, open rate, forwards, and a lot more.
- Webinar hosting.
- Landing page creation.
- E-commerce features.
- Automated sales funnels.
Since its inception in business in 1998, GetResponse is being used by more than 350,000 individuals for their marketing platform.
GetResponse Review: Pricing
There are four different price tiers with different features, which are basic essential, professional, and enterprise.
- The basic plan starts at $15/month to send unlimited emails to 1000 subscribers. Here you will not only be sending emails but will also engage a contact base.
- The Plus plan starts at $49/month to send emails to 1000 subscribers. You will be able to deliver personalized experiences with custom automation and live webinars.
- The professional plan starts at $99/month for up to 1000 subscribers. You will get unlimited automation, funnels, and paid webinars.
- The Max plan comes up with custom pricing that will offer dedicated support and solutions tailored to your needs.
A significant range of discounts on GetResponse will be given if you pay upfront for 12 or 24 months of service, which is 18% and 30% respectively. In addition to these free plans, a 30-day free trial is also available.
GetResponse Review: Is it right for you?
With GetResponse’s list automation, you can add many conditions to segment your list of subscribers automatically. Its conversion funnel and landing page feature allows you to create sales funnels and landing pages for different areas of your business. So, it goes as the best tool for you if-
- You Want Leads For Your Business: With the flexible forms, landing page editor, integration with Google analytics, and segment-wise automation in emails. It allows both the capturing and nurturing the leads. Even live and on-demand webinars are easy to organize and track where the leads are converting the best.
- You Are Having An E-Commerce Platform: If you own an online store, GetResponse is packed with a lot of features to drive more sales-integration with Shopify, Magento, and abandoned cart campaigns, dynamic email content, and sales tracking. From the PROFESSIONAL plan and upwards, you can get these features.
- With only the Essential plan, you can get the benefit of Autofunnel feature. You can set up or connect an e-commerce site and start building your sales funnel with social media campaigns, thank you, and landing pages.
- You need an automated marketing activity: With GetResponse’s workflow builder, you can set up automated actions that include emails, assigning lead scores, data updates, segmentation, and contact tagging.
GetResponse Review: Key Features in Detail
With a large set of features, GetResponse benefits you with all the key stuff you can expect from an email marketing platform. Moreover, with the recent expansion of its features, all the marketing utilities have been morphed into an all-in-one marketing and e-commerce solution. Now, this section will give you a detailed explanation of its key features-
Autoresponders: These are e-newsletters that are sent to the subscribers. As soon as someone signs up for your mailing list, they will receive a welcome message from your business. After a week or so, they will receive a discount offer for services and products. After 3 weeks, they will be prompted to follow you on social media.
With autoresponders, you can send time-based or action-based messages according to user action or information. For example, the user will receive messages based on their clicks, subscription to particular lists, changes in contact preferences, birthdays, changes in user data, completed transactions, etc.
Marketing automation tools: Apart from the basic drip-style autoresponders, you will find a sophisticated GetResponse to sequence emails automatically. It is known as marketing automation and you will find it in Plus Plans or at the higher version.
With a drag and drop builder, you can set up an “Automation Flowchart” that instructs GetResponse about what to do upon certain offers, clicks, and links. It works more than autoresponders that create users’ journey customizing it up to an nth degree.
Email templates: The new version of GetResponse email creator has come up with two sets of templates. One is for the old email creator and another is the BETA version. When quality is concerned, new templates are far better than the old ones. There are around 100 available templates and they vary in nature and design. Email templates are categorized based on core goals like promoting, selling, and education.
Responsive email designs: Both the old and new GetResponse templates are responsive enough to adjust themselves automatically to suit the devices, where the e-newsletter is being viewed on. With the preview function, you can see how the newsletter will appear on different screens.
Analytics: You will find a good range of analytics and reporting options along with the click-through, open rate, and more so. In addition to that, you will get some nifty reporting features that are worth mentioning-
- One-click segmentation: This feature will help you to identify the people who are not engaged with the e-newsletter you sent, and put them in a segment of subscribers whom you can email a different version of the e-newsletter.
- Email ROI: Want to see how your email campaigns are driving sales? Well, this is now possible by adding some tracking code to your post-sales page on your site.
- Per-user information: Do you want to see how your subscribers reach you or how they stay in touch with you? Well, with this feature, you can see how they have signed up, their location and which email they have opened in the past.
- E-newsletter performance comparison: Want to compare the performance of the two newsletters side by side? Well, this feature will make things easy for you.
Web fonts in GetResponse: Only the ‘Web safe fonts’ like Times New Roman, Trebuchet, and Georgia can be used in old templates of the GetResponse. It ensures that the emails are displayed consistently across the email programs.
Split Testing: Want to send variants of e-newsletters to some people on your subscriber list? With split testing, you will not only be able to do the same but also can monitor the performance of each. Compared to the competitors, GetResponse allows to split test up to 5 different messages against each other.
Landing Page Creator: Instead of directing people to an information-packed website, the landing page creator points them to well-designed ‘squeeze pages’ containing clear information. GetResponse offers a landing page creator that not only builds squeeze pages but also tests the conversion rates against each other in real-time. The landing page you will create can be hooked up to a wide range of analytics tools and cookies.
Webinars: Getresponse allows us to host webinars on its platform as a lead generation tactic. The idea is to have your email database and your webinar tool under the same roof. With the webinar feature of the GetResponse, the attendees don’t need to install any software to attend the webinars.
You will be just one click away to record the webinar and screen sharing is also allowed. Even, during the webinar, you can upload your Powerpoint presentations. Besides, you can share your videos across YouTube and you can store playback files as well. The only downside is you can play only paid webinars for a professional or higher plan, and there are file storage and attendee limit.
Conversion Funnels: This feature turns GetResponse from an e-mail marketing platform into something to run an e-commerce business. Here are a few perks you can get with this feature-
- Create a product catalog.
- Create a landing page.
- Drive users to sales pages.
- Add subscribers to an autoresponder cycle.
- Send abandoned cart emails if necessary.
- Take payment for products.
This feature is available on all the plans, but with the basic plan, you can create only one funnel, and there you won’t have the permit to make use of the abandoned cart recovery feature.
Apps and Integrations: Want to integrate GetResponse with other platforms and tools? Well, there are around 140 integrations to hook GetResponse up to popular e-commerce solutions and content management systems like WordPress, Shopify, and CRM systems like Highrise and Capsule.
Data Opt-In Process: There are two methods in which data management in Getresponse can be done- one is through employing ‘single opt-in’ and another is through the ‘double opt-in’ process.
A single opt-in process takes place as soon as a person signs up and gets added to your mailing list. On the other hand, the double opt-in process ensures the person who signs up for your mailing list will get an email containing a confirmation link. Whereas a single opt-in process makes it easy for users to subscribe to your mailing list, the double opt-in process helps in verifying whether people who are subscribing to your mailing list are using the real email address or not.
Data Segmentation Option: With GetrResponse, you can send emails to multiple segments of subscribers at once. You can also send messages to a different segment of subscribers excluding a particular segment. You can do the same not only with different segments but also with different mailing lists on GetResponse.
Getresponse Deliverability: The rate at which emails are sent to reach subscribers is an important aspect when choosing an email marketing tool. GetResponse ensures the quality of the delivery rate, as the deliverability depends on a lot of factors, which vary as per the different mailing lists. Moreover, an authentication technique called DKIM is designed in GetResponse to enhance the security of the senders and receivers of the email.
GDPR: With General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR, email marketing has come up with stricter rules that constitute the consent to receive e-newsletters. GetResponse provides users clear information about GDPR responsibilities along with the necessary fields to log consent and comply with the regulations.
Straightforward To Use: The GetResponse interface is easy to use and recently it has been redesigned. So, it is easy to do all the basic activities like creating email campaigns, checking statistics, setting up the autoresponders, segment management, and more so. Moreover, if you want to know more about the advanced features of the GetResponse, it is not that hard to learn advanced marketing tools.
Customer Support: GetReponse offers customer support which is far better than the available email marketing tools to support live chat, email, and various online tutorials.
Getresponse Review: Pros and Cons
As far as pros are concerned, GetResponse is quite user-friendly and if you require only the basic plan, then GetResponse can benefit you more than its competitors. The flexible approach of data segmentation, webinar functionality, conversion funnel, useful landing page creator, custom DKIM, a wide variety of languages, integrity with different metric tools – these all are worth trying.
On the other hand, cons revolve around the drag and drop interface for creating the landing pages, which is a bit fiddly and needs improvement. Even, the webinar attendees are limited to 500, more improvements are required at the data capture form, lack of 2-factor authentication is there.
Overall, this GetResponse review shows us how it is one of the cost-effective ways to host and communicate with the email database. Since it offers email marketing, landing pages, automation, e-commerce, webinars, and sales funnels- all under one roof- it is hard to find an email marketing solution that offers a huge number of benefits on the same platform.
So, why not take a free trial of GetResponse today?